WordPress has become the most popular publishing platform for all existing. What was once primarily a system for creating blogs, today is a robust and flexible CMS used by small and large companies.
When working with clients are asked to front end developers often produce cutting edge creative content and a very short period of time.
Although using WordPress to create websites can save many hours of work, you must have certain knowledge, to not get lost in the large amount of coding and debugging later required to make a good product. Between managing customer expectations and tasks to produce well designed sites within a reasonable period of time, sometimes developers may have some difficulties.
Fortunately, there are a lot of resources to assist in the development of a site with WordPress.
In this article we look at a list of free resources for designers and developers WordPress. We’ll see how to flourish the inspiration to make a “framework” (framework) and create our own WordPress template. I hope you find everything you need to start your next project.
Inspiration to design a WordPress theme
One of the hardest parts of web design can be just the beginning. Once you’ve started building the ” wireframes “or finished designs, it is easy to fall into the methodology that we have used in the past.Therefore it is important to continually investigate and interact with other designers working with WordPress themes.
The following are perfect places to learn about new trends in design, to be informed and updated of the latest projects that arise.
Theme Design Gallery
Tags WordPress CSS Awards
We Love WP
Chops for WordPress
In developing WordPress themes, it can sometimes be hard to remember all the specific steps and coding structures to create a complete template.
The chops are a good way to keep the queries that make specific references easily code.
Interactive Guide WordPress
Anatomy basic theme
WP Code and Tags
The Loop: Visual Model
WordPress Theme Frameworks
Instead of coding each new template from scratch, giving Frameworks WordPress developers a foundation to start building. In the best cases, can save hours Frameworks developing construction and re-coding structures similar sites.
There are plenty of Frameworks that can be found on the network, where each one is unique. These who are found worthy to take a look.
Sites with WordPress Tutorials
No matter the experience we have, we will always find problems and need to find solutions. But if there is something that can boast this platform is to have a huge developer community to find support.
There are hundreds of sites that offer extensive tutorials with answers to some of the most difficult questions of development.
Below is a list sites that continuously offer answers for beginners and experts alike.
Plugins for WordPress
One of the best things about WordPress is the huge number of free plugins available to us. To provide specific functionality for a theme, it is usually easy to find a plugin to perform the task with little work on your part.
But beyond directly improving the functionality of your site, plugins can also greatly improve the efficiency of workflow development.
We then see a list of plugins that I consider particularly useful for the development process.
- Debug Bar : The debug toolbar is an essential tool for anyone working with WordPress. This plugin makes debugging problems are simpler, showing inquiries cache PHP warnings and other useful debug information.
- SyntaxHighlighter : With SyntaxHighlighter can be able to send code directly to your website without losing formatting or syntax colors. This makes writing and updating the code in the posts is much easier.
- CMS Tree Page View : This plugin spawn a simple service but very useful. Allows quick access to all your pages organized by the structure of the site. Not only can help you find what you’re looking for quickly, but it also can give a good idea of how the content of your site is taking shape.
- WP Google Fonts : WP Google Fonts facilitates the use of web sources on WordPress themes.Since Google launched its free web sources, the web has been an explosion of creative designs.
- Broken Link Checker : This plugin scans your WordPress site and returns a report showing any broken links or redirects. A must to ensure that your site stays in top shape.
- Redirection : Redirection is a plugin that handles 301 redirects, 404 errors tracks and helps cleanse the missing pages your site may have. It can be especially useful when we are trying to migrate pages with a domain name above.